1. Plans the operation of the Division by establishing budget, goals, and objectives deciding on means to achieve goals, and formulating action plans.
2. Organizes the Division by scheduling work assignments, establishing time frames, providing needed equipment and supplies, assigning authority and responsibility, and coordinating department activities.
3. Staffs the Division by hiring qualified management and supervisory personnel, providing work place orientation, and initiating termination procedures as appropriate.
4. Influences organizational members by motivating employees, demonstrating leadership, promoting communication, and by supporting a team philosophy.
5. Controls operation of Division by establishing performance goals or standards, evaluating actual performance, managing budget compliance, assuring adherence to organizational policy and procedures, initiating disciplinary actions, and by meeting regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
6. Reports to appropriate entity expense and revenue budget variations, statistical measures, Quality/Risk Management activities, and unusual occurrences.
7. Implements programs, policy and procedures, and educational endeavors to assure quality operation of Division.
8. Develops the Division and employees by providing needs assessment and education.
9. Participates in Local, State and National professional and institutional associations dedicated to improving personal and institutional competence.
10. Serves as Compliance Officer for the Hospital.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge regarding advanced financial and accounting principles. Knowledge of managed care, compliance and business insurance matters.
Bachelor of Business Administration degree with major in Accounting, required. Completion of or current enrollment in an accredited MBA program or equivalent desirable.
Five years progressive management experience in a hospital setting of a broad administrative and financial nature required. Current knowledge and skills in techniques of management, communications and interpersonal relationships required.
C.P.A. licensure desirable. Fellowship in the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is preferred.
Strong commitment to rural midwest values and lifestyle required. Participation on a community board outside of the Hospital required. Butler County resident preferred.
Code Blue Training:
Ability to activate Code Blue System by dialing 200.
Internal Number: 1
About Susan B Allen Memorial Hospital
You and your family can choose from many healthcare centers. Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital is unique. We’re a community hospital where professionals with many different specialties come together to provide great care; where investments in equipment, technology and facilities place us among the area’s most respected health care centers. And, we’re a hospital serving from the heart. We care for our community like our family because our community is our family. That’s the Susan B. Allen difference. Located in El Dorado, Kansas, just 20 miles northeast of Wichita, Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit, general acute-care medical facility, licensed for 48 beds, including Medical / Surgical and Skilled Care, the SBA Family Birth Center, SBA Dialysis Center, and SBA Cancer Center. Susan B. Allen also provides a 24-hour physician staffed Emergency Department, housing the Accredited Chest Pain Center. And, in early 2014, Susan B. Allen opened the SBA Immediate Care Clinic in Augusta, providing care from 8:00 – 8:00 p.m., seven days a week with no appointments. Earlier this year SBA also opening an Urgent Care. With over 400 staff members, Susan B. Allen has establish...ed, and lives up to the reputation of providing personal care from healthcare professionals you know and trust. For more information about Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital, visit www.sbamh.com.