CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER INOVA MOUNT VERNON HOSPITAL
MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVENESS: Directs the financial operations of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. Leads and coordinates key strategic development and functional services to support department objectives and organizational goals, reporting to the CEO of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital.
1. Provide general supervision and management of the day-to-day financial and accounting affairs of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital within established guidelines.
2. Monitor finance department's productive output and quality to ensure optimum efficiency and formulate creative solutions to enhance efficiency in the delivery of services and administration of the department.
3. Ensure that all financial and accounting activities are carried out with the highest degree of integrity, controls and ethical behavior and in accordance with regulatory requirements and accepted practices.
4. Provide timely and accurate filing of regulatory reports in accordance with the requirements of a healthcare organization.
5. Coordinate internal audits, and review effectiveness of auditing services.
6. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all financial and management reports, including statements, balance sheets, and reports for government agencies.
7. Continuously analyze financial reports, and hospital operations to identify variances and to opportunities for improvement. Provide reporting to senior management.
8. Oversee the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the hospital. Arrange and coordinate appropriate review meetings. Support management decision making through the development of strategic planning information.
9. Primary leader responsible for establishing, monitoring and initiating corrective actions to achieve hospital operations targets (i.e. EBITDA, operating margin etc.)
10. Develops and executes financial objectives, policies and strategic plans for services, in support of Inova's vision and mission, and the operating unit's business strategy.
11. Serves as an integral member of hospital's Admin Council.
LEADERSHIP EFFECTIVENESS: Manages departments to include financial services, hospital scheduling & registration and medical records, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations, and staff development, with accountability to the CEO of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital.
1. Oversees all aspects of resource management within areas of responsibility (e.g. Human Resources Management: direct /indirect supervision, hiring, firing, evaluation, mentoring, professional growth and development of staff).
2. Selects, hires, and trains department Directors to perform assigned functions at a competent level.
3. Builds trust by practicing two-way communication and confronting issues and conflicts honestly, directly, quickly and constructively.
4. Establishes performance expectations and provides direction, feedback, and guidance to department Directors.
5. Oversees the completion of performance evaluations, employee relations, and needed disciplinary activities.
6. Fosters a safe and equitable work environment, and facilitates internal career progression and internal succession planning processes.
7. Works directly with SVP of Finance to achieve System financial goals.
REVENUE CYCLE: Manages all aspects of facility revenue cycle including medical records, patient access, CDM, charge capture, coding, denials, underpayment, performance and managed care contract performance.
1. Directs staff to achieve all revenue cycle goals.
2. Works with revenue generating departments to ensure complete and timely charge capture.
3. Monitors revenue cycle performance and initiates corrective actions when required.
TECHNICAL EFFECTIVENESS: Maintains effective and responsive relationships with support services, other departments and stakeholders.
1. Responds promptly to requests from other departments within the operating unit, and maintains cooperative relationship with corresponding department(s) at other operating units.
2. Maintains professional expertise and leadership effectiveness and ensures compliance with internal policies, external laws and regulations, and The Joint Commission requirements.
3. Ensures adherence to Cultural beliefs and provision of the outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers through the development of direct-report leaders.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Manages department finances, including budgeting and control of salary, non-salary, and capital investment expenses. Ensures compliance with internal policies, external laws and regulations, and The Joint Commission requirements.
1. Achieves financial outcomes and business goals.
2. Holds self, staff and other leaders accountable for results, including exceeding customer expectations.
3. Achieves compliance for timely annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
4. Assists with the integration process of the hospital staff leadership in the operational policy making and operational planning e.g. annual business objectives, specific capital planning, as related to span of control.
5. Coordinates and monitors the development of annual budgets.
6. Monitors financial performance to ensure it meets budgeted revenue/expense metrics.
7. Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of financial data.
8. Monthly close and special project deadlines must be achieved.
9. Review, approve and take ownership of all account balances to include the monthly pre-close review of significant fluctuations or unusual items.
10. Proper valuation of receivables following System driven processes and policies.
11. PP&E – Review & approve asset lives, periodic asset ledger, review/maintenance, following new construction projects and moving dollars into service as appropriate and review/validate existing assets in light of any impairment (technical or structural).
Internal Number: 42517BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.
BACK TO TOP
ACG JobSource is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ACG Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ACG JobSource.