Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 104002 - Athletics - Administration
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The Senior Associate Athletic Director/ Chief Financial Officer directs and oversees the finance unit of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and is the financial spokesman for the department. This position is expected to maintain a focus on continual process improvements to ensure operational efficiencies and sound business practices. The position serves as a member of the department’s senior leadership team and maintains collaborative decision-making authority regarding the organization’s financial health. The individual reports directly to the Director of Athletics and maintains a strong working relationship with the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration. Essential Functions:
1. Responsible for directing strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management and control. Offer quality, meaningful analyses, and financial perspectives necessary for departmental decisions and strategic planning. Contribute to the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder business relationships, and in the development and negotiation of contracts. Predict and engage in conversations regarding future industry trends and potential impact.
2. Management of internal control systems to safeguard financial assets of the department and ensure financial activities are in compliance with state, federal, ACC and NCAA policies. Recommend improvements to ensure the integrity of the financial information. Works proactively to mitigate internal and external audit risks. Serve as lead staff on all Audit/Finance Committees.
3. Serve as a member of the department’s senior leadership team and provides counsel to the Director of Athletics on financial, operational, and administration issues. Responsible for financial presentations to the Board of Trustees and Wolfpack Club, as appropriate. Oversight of other projects and initiatives as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
4. Supervision of staff members in Finance and Information Technology areas with an emphasis on goal setting, delegating assignments, monitoring performance, and raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
5. Provide leadership and strategic direction to all Athletic operating units that strongly impact financials. Helps set and implement the strategic direction and goals of the entire department.
As assigned by Director of Athletics and University Administration.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required with experience in relevant independent instructional or educational activities; specific minimum experience is at the discretion of the Director of Athletics.
Ability to track data from multiple sub-systems to the general ledger.
Ability to build strong relationships with key athletic department, university and industry individuals to result in strong collaboration.
Ability to interpret and develop policies and procedures.
Advanced budget variance analysis, revenue and expense forecasting.
Advanced level skills in Excel with ability to develop and use functions for moderately complex spreadsheets. Knowledge and ability to use database management software.
Prior experience in intercollegiate athletics.
Prior experience in UNC System.
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00004677
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. We began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, we’re a preeminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles, and veterinary medicine.NC State students, faculty, and staff take challenges in hand and work with industry, government, and nonprofit partners to solve them. Our 9,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits, and academia to change our world for the better.NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors, help farmers confront climate change, and build a new American manufacturing sector. Our award-winning Centennial Campus is home to more than 70 public and private partners — as well as the innovative Hunt Lib...rary, which Time magazine has dubbed “the library of the future.”More than 125 years after its creation, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day, our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning and discovery available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.
BACK TO TOP
ACG JobSource is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ACG Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ACG JobSource.